The Canadian Fitness and Lifestyle Research Institute (CFLRI), together with Research Power Inc., is offering a complimentary training course for practitioners on evaluation and outcome measurement. This 5-session virtual training course will involve both synchronous (online course) and asynchronous (e.g., videos, supplementary materials) learning opportunities. These sessions will be offered at different times throughout the year. Please refer to the list of schedules for available dates and times.
Schedule of sessions
- Thursdays, February 24 to March 24, 2022 (12:00 pm to 2:00 pm Eastern Time).
- Intensive session, Monday to Friday, March 28 to April 1st, 2022 (12:00 pm to 2:00 pm Eastern Time)
Participants may register for the full 5-session course by emailing us at email@example.com. Early registration is encouraged as space is limited to a maximum of 20 participants per session.
Session 1: Introduction to Evaluation
Session 2: Logic Models & Theories of Change
Session 3: Developing the Evaluation Plan
Session 4: Data Collection and Analysis
Session 5: Reporting, Learning and Application
What you will gain
- Knowledge to be able to identify and describe steps in the evaluation process
- The ability to assess key considerations in evaluation design
- Skills to develop a logic model for a program or project
- Skills to identify/define indicators for performance assessment
- Practical knowledge to create evaluation questions for a program or project
- Knowledge about how to develop an implementation plan for data collection and analysis
- Ability to identify key considerations in selecting data sources
- Insight on best practices for analyzing, validating and communicating evaluation findings
- Ability to identify and develop solutions to evaluation challenges
About CFLRI and Research Power Inc.
The Canadian Fitness and Lifestyle Research Institute (CFLRI) is a national research organization that has led surveillance and monitoring efforts on physical activity, sport and recreation in Canada for over 40 years. CFLRI is committed to being a credible source of information to equip decision-makers, practitioners, and researchers in the development of evidence-based policies and practices.
Research Power Inc. (RPI) is a consulting firm that provides services in evaluation, training, research, facilitation, and project management. The course will be delivered by Clare Levin, RPI Partner. Clare is a Credentialed Evaluator with the Canadian Evaluation Society and brings to the course over a decade of experience planning and implementing evaluations and designing and delivering training.
The CFLRI would like to acknowledge the funding support of the Government of Canada for this project.